Monday, March 17, 2008

On Mindfulness......


I am in a time of meditation about where I will take my next step forward in my work, my art and my life. I have been thinking about this step in my creative process and the time that I take to research what I feel I should be doing next, looking for the next step, rather than grabbing aimlessly, it makes for a softer landing.

on Mindfulness...
Mindfulness is the state of being mindful. To be mindful is to be aware of one's thoughts, actions or motivations. Mindfulness (Pali: Sati; Sanskrit:smṛti स्मृति ) plays a central role in the teaching of the Buddha where it is affirmed that 'correct' or 'right' mindfulness (Pali:sammā-sati; Sanskrit samyak-smṛti) is an essential factor in the path to liberation. It is the seventh element of the Noble Eightfold Path, the sadhana of which is held in the tradition to engender 'insight' and 'wisdom' (Sanskrit: prajñā).

So with that thought, statement and rambling, I will take some time to research and meditate on my next step.

No comments: